There's nothing like the excitement we feel when we’re about to jet off to an exotic tropical location for a well-deserved summer break. Of course, the travel part can be a little hectic—it’s no secret that airplanes are more uncomfortable than ever! While we can’t do anything about the amount of legroom in economy (literally, the worst), we thought we’d put together a little guide on how to turn your flight into a luxurious spa-cation in the clouds:
1. Put on your head phones, and tune into some nice, soothing spa-style music. Spa tones help to eliminate any irritating airplane sounds, like crying babies or the guy snoring loudly in the seat behind you. This will get you in the zone, ready to relax and meditate as you journey to your spa-cation.
2. Once your music’s playing, you'll want to order some hot tea (preferably green tea). If green tea isn't available, order a cup of hot water with a fresh lemon slice. This will help calm the nerves and get you into that zen mindset.
3. Now it’s time to officially kick off your inflight spa session. If you prefer a cool, refreshing sensation ask your flight attendant to put your sheet mask in the fridge for 10 minutes. If you’d rather have a warm, steam-towel-like experience, ask your attendant to run the mask briefly under hot water.
4. Let the spa-cation begin! Put on your mask, close your eyes, listen to your soothing music, and just relax.
5. After 15-20 minutes, take off your mask and rub the excess serum into your skin. If anyone gives you a strange look, return the favor with a smug smile, confident in the knowledge that YOU will be walking off the plane with a healthy glow whilst the others will be dealing with a serious case of plane face.