We have all made New Year's resolutions and struggle to keep them past February. Resolutions are good, productive ways to set intentions for the new year. But as we know, making a resolution is easy; keeping it is the hard part. In fact, according to Forbes, only 8% of people who set a resolution achieve it. So what is the key to making and keeping a New Year's resolution? The good news is we have collected some smart tips to help achieve those goals.
Not sure how to make your resolution last? Make your New Year's resolution a S.M.A.R.T. one.
- S - specific, significant, stretching.
- M - measurable, meaningful, motivational.
- A - agreed upon, attainable, achievable, acceptable, action-oriented.
- R - realistic, relevant, reasonable, rewarding, results-oriented.
- T - time-based, time-bound, timely, tangible, trackable.
Example: Improve my skin complexion by rehydrating daily for 15 minutes with a sheet mask.
Once you have a S.M.A.R.T New Year’s resolution, executing it can be the next challenge. Try the following ideas for better results:
- Write it down. Place a sticky note with the goal on your bathroom mirror or on your bedside table for a daily reminder.
- Make it routine. Schedule reminders in your phone of the steps to achieve your goal.
- Envision Results. Create a mood board with quotes and pictures to visualize your goal and keep you motivated.
- Tell a Friend. A friend can keep you accountable and increase the odds of your resolution becoming a reality.
Start the new year off right and achieve your resolutions! Happy New Year!!