Peptides offer a natural and effective way to strengthen, rejuvenate, and repair skin. It's no wonder that innovative treatment is becoming a staple in the health and wellness industry. Before deciding whether peptides are the next step for your skin, let's talk a little more about what they are and how you can benefit.
What Are Peptides?
Peptides are short chains of amino acids held together by peptide bonds. Naturally occurring in the human body, peptides play a vital role in all of us, guiding cognitive function, digestion, muscle mass, growth hormone production, and tissue repair...just to name a few.
In recent years, peptide drug discovery and development has been the talk of the health and wellness industry in the United States and beyond, offering non-invasive therapeutic benefits for everything from hormone therapy, weight loss, and pain relief, to hair growth and anti-aging purposes. Peptides continue to be a focus for researchers, with many ongoing clinical trials developing peptide vaccines and looking for ways to target tumor growth, cancer cells, and chronic illnesses.
They can be administered via subcutaneous injections, capsules, nasal sprays, or simply topical application. Our favorite, of course, is the easy topical administration of a peptide-rich formula, offering amazing skin benefits at an affordable price.
Types of Peptides in Skincare
There are many different types of peptides, each with very unique biological significance. According to the National Library of Medicine, therapeutic peptides "act as hormones, growth factors, neurotransmitters, ion channel ligands, or anti-infective agents."
In skincare, you'll typically see five main types of peptides used as actives.
- Probably the most commonly used in skincare, signaling peptides are closely involved in cell communication and play a vital role in healthy tissue repair. They are also known for their ability to stimulate collagen, elastin, and keratin production to offer that skin-tightening benefit we all love.
- Carrier peptides, including copper peptides, deliver unique elements such as copper to areas of the skin that require healing.
- Enzyme-inhibiting peptides bind to enzymes to inhibit or slow their activity. Enzymes are proteins that speed up chemical reactions in the body, such as digestion or metabolism.
- Neurotransmitter-inhibiting peptides are the messaging system for the nervous system. A neurotransmitter-inhibiting peptide can stop the neurotransmitter from delivering its message.
- Antimicrobial peptides help regulate your immune response; antimicrobial peptides help fight bacteria and heal wounds.
How Therapeutic Peptides Are Advancing Skincare
As you can see, peptide therapy can be applied to achieve many different benefits. At BioRepublic, we tend to highlight its ability to strengthen, support, and stimulate various skin functions.
1. Collagen Production
Collagen is an essential protein that keeps our skin and skin texture firm and youthful. Collagen molecules are too big to be absorbed in human skin, however, peptides are a powerful way to trigger your body to produce more collagen in the areas you need it most.
Different peptides play different roles in the process, for example, inhibitor peptides slow down the skin's breakdown of collagen while signal peptides promote collagen, elastin, and keratin. Working together, the peptides are successful in giving your skin a healthy collagen boost that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on a variety of skin types.
2. Skin Repair
Along with an age-defying collagen boost, incorporating peptides in your routine can also trigger your skin cells to repair and regenerate damaged or aging skin. If you're frequently experiencing dry, flakey, and irritated skin, chances are your skin barrier is damaged and lacking the collagen or other protein it needs to repair itself. Peptides are a great way to stimulate the protein and nutrients your skin needs to rejuvenate, making them so beneficial for those with sensitive skin or those simply looking to practice better skin health on a daily basis.
Hydrated skin is soft, smooth, and happy. It also protects better against fine lines, wrinkles, and aging. Collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid are naturally occurring compounds that help to retain moisture and skin elasticity. Topical peptides can help stimulate these valuable substances to keep your skin better hydrated throughout the day.
Are Peptide Therapeutics Right for Your Skin?
Here's the thing: if you're dealing with certain skin issues whether that be wrinkles, dry patches, or inflammation, that's not just a part of life, it's your body telling you that your skin is missing something you likely need. That something can oftentimes be peptides.
As a natural part of the body, peptides have very few adverse effects and can help a variety of skin types from sensitive skin to dry skin to oily skin and everything in between. No matter what your specific needs are, using peptides can provide a lot of benefits and is easier than you think.
The trick is determining your skin type and whether peptide therapy can help. Some common skin types include:
- Damaged or irritated – The right peptide therapy can help protect the skin and promote healing. Skin damage can come from over-exfoliation, blemishes or acne, exposure to pollutants like smoke, or even poor sleep.
- Wrinkles & Fine Lines - Poor collagen and elastin production can lead to fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. Peptide therapy can stimulate collagen and elastin, making skin firmer and less prone to aging.
- Puffy skin around the eyes – Many peptide therapies work against inflammation, to reduce that puffy, dark circle look around your eyes.
- Dry skin and chapping – This would include chronic chapped lips. Peptide therapy can promote hydration to keep the skin and lips moisturized.
If you're feeling lost, unsure about what skin issue might apply to you, or whether or not peptides are right for your skin, learn more about yourself with BioRepublic’s short skin quiz.
At-Home Solutions for Natural Peptide Therapy
Many people turn to peptide injections as a treatment that slows down the aging process. Injections, however, are more costly and less accessible than a topical cream, serum, or other skincare product made with a peptide-rich blend.
As mentioned before, you can’t get collagen directly from a topical solution because the molecules are too big. That is what makes a topical peptide application so smart. Peptides are small molecules your skin can absorb. In turn, applying peptide blends to your skin can stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, promoting skin elasticity and anti-aging properties on a daily basis. Applying topical peptide-based products is a simple addition to any at-home skincare routine. It will have your skin feeling and looking the best it has in years.
Whether you're fighting wrinkles, looking for more hydration, or restoring your damaged skin, at-home peptide therapy is a simple step towards healthy, rejuvenated skin.
BioRepublic's Peptide-Rich Blend
Making peptide therapy affordable, easy, and effective, BioRepublic offers a line of peptide-based products that aim to strengthen your skin's collagen, elastin, and keratin production. Our Peptide Therapy solutions contain all-natural, organic ingredients designed to be simple and easy to use.
You’ll find our line of peptide therapy products offers you:
- A peptide-rich blend that will strengthen keratin, elastin, and collagen through absorption. Keratin is a crucial protein that supports the outer layer of the skin. Elastin and collagen are essential to keep skin young and healthy.
- Products that are perfect for every skin type. We believe you deserve a therapy designed just for your skin needs.
- Simple, affordable, and transparent formulations you can integrate into any skincare routine.
Aging skin is a sign that your body needs something it is no longer getting; Peptide therapy from BioRepublic can help restore the peptides your skin relies on.
Embrace Peptides in Your Skin
This cream is the right choice for someone looking to delay skin aging and increase elasticity. It offers a peptide-rich ingredient blend designed to strengthen keratin, elastin, and collagen. At the same time, it reduces inflammation and harmful antioxidants. It is suitable for all skin types.
Use our peptide power recovery serum to help strengthen cell nuclei and reduce the signs of aging. The best peptide serum on that market, this product is packed with peptides that improve your skin and promote healing. Pair with our Peptide Cream to create the ultimate age-defying skincare duo.
Our recovery mask is such an easy way give your skin a quick peptide boost. The peptide-rich blend works well with all skin types to soothe and strengthen the skin while also reducing inflammation. It is the perfect early morning wake-up for your skin and a nice way to put it to bed.
This under-eye treatment repairs late-night damage and helps to prevent signs of stress and aging. It contains a peptide-rich mask with two biocellulose under eye patches. Together they deliver a restorative infusion of peptides, hyaluronic acid, squalene, and rose water.
Smart Skincare for Everyday Life
At BioRepublic, our goal is to make smart skincare and skin health more affordable, accessible, and easier to use. We empower everyone to make conscious skincare decisions and to create a customized routine, no matter what skin type. Our products are natural and USDA-certified organic. We know that it takes high-quality ingredients to get the maximum results. That’s why all our peptide therapy line is: free of artificial chemicals and:
- Free of Artificial Chemicals
- Clean, Effective, and Cruelty-free
- 100% Vegan
- Dermatologist tested for safety
- ECOCERT Certified
- Uses 100% Recyclable Packaging
Find your perfect peptide therapy solution today at BioRepublic.