It’s easy to get up in arms about dry skin caused by winter weather, but just because the after sun effects of aging are hidden by a tanned glow, doesn’t mean you don’t need to be just as vigilant during the summer months.
Here are 5 simple summer skincare tips your face will thank you for:
- Splurge: ever notice the moisturizers with UV protection run an extra twenty to thirty dollars? I am a firm believer in the old saying, you get what you pay for. If you really want to protect and preserve your skin, splurge on the double duty products
- Cover up: because vampires aren’t real and vitamine D is actually good for you in so many ways, I would never suggest completely abstaining from some sun shine, but be cautious of your essentials: eyes and forehead. Wear your sunglasses as much as you can and a hat when possible
- Drink water: as much of it as you physically can
- Overnight repair: because daily moisturizers have been embedded in our routines since our teen years, I don’t feel the need to tell you to find a good one, but an overnight repair cream will work wonders you don’t get from your morning application
- Facial mask is a must: It doesn’t have to be a fancy expensive product. A diy facial or natural face mask will boost hydration just as well. Allowing your skin to soak in nutrients for half an hour, at least twice a week will keep the long term effects of sun damage at bay